Thursday, July 22, 2004

Spider-Man 2 Finally I can watch Spider-Man 2!! I went to the same theatre as yesterday when I watched Gothika. At this time, I went at the afternoon. First, my friend Emmy suggest it. So we are planning to go watch the movie. Then I called my cousin Jimmy to join us. 30 minutes after I called Jimmy, I pick him up. So, Emmy, Jimmy and me went to the Panakukkang Mal, to the new theatre Panakukkang 21. When we arrived, what we got is late :p the movie was already playing since 2 pm. We arrived on 3 pm. That's funny, because I read on the 21cineplex's website that the movie will begin on 3.15 pm. And the next play which informed at the Panakukkang 21 is 4.15 pm. What a mis-infomation! Well, anyway, Spider-Man 2 already moved to the Studio 4, and the new movie had come. King Arthur! Eventually, Emmy cancelled her plan. She said of she still going to watch the movie, what time will she arrive at home. Me and Jimmy also confused because King Arthur also a great movie! King Arthur and his great round table!! Hehehe :D Afterall, me and my cousin Jimmy decided watch the Spider-Man 2 :p one funny thing happen again. Remember, I told that we didn't watch Spider-Man 2 on the other day because the seat is full? Well at this time, the seat are available!! Really really available :D In Spider-Man 2, the latest installment in the blockbuster Spider-Man series, based on the classic Marvel Comics hero, Tobey Maguire returns as the mild-mannered Peter Parker, who is juggling the delicate balance of his dual life as a college student and a superhuman crime fighter. The entertaining adventure escalates and Spider-Man's life becomes even more complicated when he confronts a new nemesis, the brilliant Otto Octavius, (Alfred Molina) who has been reincarnated as the maniacal and multi-tentacled "Doc Ock." In my opinion Spider-Man 2 is a very average movie. Parts of it I liked very much. Other aspects I couldn't stand. The main reason people seem to be praising this movie so much is that it focuses more on Peter Parker than Spiderman and creates a real human character going through the same day to day troubles we all have. I feel that the movie goes too far with this concept. By the time Peter is failing in school, unlucky in love, living in a bad apartment and unlucky with his laundry, I was just tired of it. We understand already!!! The main plot point there is that Peter is unlucky in love. First of all, he has a model/actress madly in love with him. I would hate to have that problem. Second of all, the daughter of his landlord seemed very interested in Peter also. Show me a superhero who still can't get girls. Then I'll be interested. Where this movie succeeds is with Spiderman himself. Spiderman swinging through the streets of Manhattan is one of my favorite things to ever appear on a movie screen. It's exhilirating to watch. I also enjoyed the lighter moments such as the elevator scene, and I liked the fact that other people saw Peter with the suit on, but no mask. The fights with Doc Ock are satisfactory, but I would expect more if this is "the best superhero movie of all time." Overall, this an average superhero movie. Not as good as the first Spiderman, not as good as the first two Supermans, but better than any Batman :p~