Monday, July 19, 2004

Gothika Today I watched a really scary movie called Gothika. I thought it was a thriller movie like "Residence Evil" or the trilogy "Jurassic Park". My cousin Jimmy told me that this movie is a thriller movie, so we gone to watch it. Kidy also said this movie is so good. But so sad.. it was so SCARY!! Take away the painfully telegraphic music and the jump-out-of-the-shadows scare tactics and this would have been a much better movie. Not great, but good enough to be a pilot for a TV series where the lovely young doctor learns how to avoid being possessed and uncovers crimes with the help of dead people. Imagine if the kid from Sixth Sense grew up to be a shrink/detective, and you'll have the concept. The cast was certainly decent and the acting was mostly fine for this kind of flick. Halle Berry manages to look good as usual and, other than her excessively freaked scene when she first awakens in the cell, is very convincing. I have never seen Halle Berry scream in a movie as many times as she did in this movie! And she did all the screams in the same pitch! I was getting tired of seeing everyone and everything in a dark ultramarine blue shade throughout the entire movie. Penelope Cruz plays her smaller part just right. With a little directorial restraint this could have warranted a sequel or a run on the small screen. Grrr... generally, I dissapointed to my cousin and Kidy's opinion. I hate horror movie, it makes me shocked every minutes! So generally, I really didn't enjoy this movie..! I'd rather "Residence Evil" or the "Jurassic Park" trilogy.